At the Brain Energy Support Team (BEST), we provide support, resources, services, education, social opportunities and more for the brain injury community and their caregivers and families.
Our online presence can be accessed at any time, from anywhere.
Looking to learn more?
Here are the five BEST ways to connect with us!
- brainenergysupportteam.org: Our website features information about who we are, what we do and how you can get involved. Whether you are a brain injury survivor, caregiver, family member, medical or health/wellness professional with an interest in brain health, we have something for everyone on our website. Please visit today.
- Our website blog: Our award-winning website blog features personal essays from the brain injury community, resources and tools, event information, health and wellness tips and strategies, educational articles, original art and much more. Our blog is updated regularly. Please stop by and give us a read. You’ll be glad you did!
- Social media user? BEST has you covered. You can find us on these social media platforms:
We warmly welcome new and current social media followers, engagement and conversation on our social media pages. Join us!
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter! Have the latest news, updates, event information and more delivered right to email inbox each month. Subscribing is fast and easy. Just click here and get started!
- Have a specific question that we can help with? Contact us directly by email at email@example.com or call us at 877-719-2378.
The Brain Energy Support Team (BEST) is looking to expand our website blog to include additional guest bloggers.
If you are a:
- brain injury survivor;
- caregiver or family member of a brain injury survivor;
- medical professional who works directly with the brain injury community;
- subject matter expert in nutrition and/or wellness and have an interest or a specialty in brain health;
AND would like to do some writing, BEST would love to chat with you.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A safe and supportive environment for your writing;
- Assistance and consultation as needed from the BEST Communications Manager;
- No firm deadlines: write at your own pace and comfort level.
- Clear communication on article publication dates, expectations and other feedback.
What BEST expects from our writers:
- Writing that reflects the mission and vision of BEST: empowerment, peer support and wellness;
- Understanding that this is a non-paid, volunteer opportunity.
- Understanding that all writing is subject to approval and editing. BEST will NOT accept writing that has any of the following elements: profanity, unsuitable or crude topics and language; discrimination; political content; and other inappropriate content that does not meet the mission and vision of BEST.
- Understanding that articles shared on the BEST blog may be shared on BEST social media platforms.
- Writers will be asked to supply a short biography (a personal photo to accompany biography is suggested but is optional for the writer).
- Articles word-length is preferred at 1,000 words or less.
- Articles should be submitted by email to the BEST Communications Manager. Word document attachments are preferred; however, it is okay to submit articles in the body of an email.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you?
The 2018 Washington State TBI Conference will be held on May 29-30, 2018 at the Hotel Murano in Tacoma, Washington.
For those who wish to apply for a conference scholarship (for registration fees only or for registration and lodging), scholarship applications are now available online to complete and submit.
All scholarship applications are due by April 20, 2018.
All applicants will be notified of the application status of their request via email, mail or phone call by May 11, 2018.
Please click here to view the scholarship form online. It is the second bullet point on the right hand side of the home page. The scholarship form is a Word document. Below is an image of the form. Here’s the flyer for the conference itself. Scholarship information is noted at the bottom of the flyer. For those who wish to register without applying for a scholarship, please click here.