Following is some exciting community news from Janet Novinger of Imaginal Network, our dear BEST friend, supporter and community partner.
Janet is going to be featured in an upcoming Tedx Talk on Saturday, August 29, 2020 from 12 PM to 1 PM PST, called, Getting to Know a Changed Brain.
This is a virtual event which can be viewed on Zoom, Facebook or YouTube. Registration is required. Click here to register.
There is no charge to attend this virtual event.
For more information, check out the event description below taken from the event website, Sno-Isle Libraries.
Getting to Know a Changed Brain, a Sno-Isle Library Tedx Talk by Rob Pezely and Janet Novinger
Saturday, August 29, noon – 1 pm
On-line, of course!
Janet is one of the founders of Imaginal Network, dedicated to those living with traumatic brain injuries. Rob became a member after an automobile/pedestrian collision in 2017.
Janet Novinger’s passion for the need for respect in personal and professional interactions is foundational to her work with individuals living with brain injury. Through coaching, consulting and training, she supports organizations in creating environments where people can give their best. Janet continues to adapt to brain injuries she has incurred and is one of the founders of Imaginal Network, which is dedicated to those living with TBI (traumatic brain injury). Network members come alongside all those on a a journey of survival, learning how to function, and ultimately learning how to adapt to a changed brain and body.
Rob Pezely is a passionate bicycle mechanic and a past customer success manager. He became a member of the Imaginal Network following a crosswalk automobile/pedestrian collision in 2017. This network is creating new possibilities for fellow TBI” (traumatic brain injury) adapters. This group is dedicated to those on a journey of survival, learning how to function, and ultimately learning how to adapt to a changed brain and body.
On the BEST blog, we’ve been fortunate to have some amazing food and nutrition experts, along with some access to other great resources, to help us serve up healthy food ideas, simple food preparation tips and organization, and other delicious inspirations to keep our brain and bodies healthy and energized.
Following, are some links to a library of articles on various topics related to food. Just click on the highlighted word, here, to view. Enjoy!
- BEST’s own Robin Spicuzza is a wealth of inspiration when it comes to food preparation and healthy eating. For Robin’s information on food storage, prep and organization, click here. For Robin’s short instructional Soup Group videos for two different, easy and versatile recipes, click here and here.
- We shared an informative article on healthy foods on a budget. Click here to view.
- Our BEST friend, Dr. Jannine Krause, is a wealth of information! Click here to read her BEST article exclusive on brain-boosting meals and foods, and click here to see her terrific article on brain-boosting supplements.
- We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Pinterest community! Click here and here for some great food graphics and food hacks that we’ve collected. Enjoy!
Have other healthy food ideas to contribute? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out by email to Kim T. at email@example.com with your thoughts.
Get your cameras ready!
BEST launched our first ever scavenger hunt for our Instagram and Facebook communities on July 29, 2020 and it will run each week over three consecutive weeks!
BUT this is no ordinary scavenger hunt.
It’s virtual, easy to do, AND there’s a prize involved!
Your assignment will be posted on the BEST Facebook and Instagram accounts TODAY at 9 AM PST!
Hint: It’s simply one, two or a few of YOUR FAVORITE things! (see picture below)!
Ready, set, go!
Important note: If you missed the first and/or second week (July 29, 2020 and August 5, 2020), and you want to join the fun there, too, go for it! Find our Facebook or Instagram posts from those dates and enter your pic of the theme (FLOWER for July 29th and ANIMAL for August 5th) in comments on Facebook or direct message us for Instagram.
ALL entries MUST be posted or sent no later than Thursday, August 13, 2020 by 5 PM PST.
Check out the article below for the guidelines and rules. Have fun!
The BEST Virtual Scavenger Hunt will be held for three consecutive weeks beginning Wednesday, July 29, 2020 beginning at 9 AM PST.
All are welcome to join in the fun!
Here’s how it works:
- For three Wednesdays in a row, beginning on Wednesday, July 29, 2020, we’ll post your scavenger hunt assignment on our Instagram and Facebook page at 9 AM PST.
- Capture a picture of assigned item and share it in comments on Facebook on the Wednesday scavenger hunt post (for Instagram, direct message us on the app with your photo). Feel free to add a caption or comment(s) to your photo, if you wish. It’s not required though. You are also welcome to go back to previous weeks and enter a photo! You must have all photos posted or sent no later than Thursday, August 13, 2020 by 5 PM PST.
- Once you add your photo in comments, you will be entered for a random drawing for a prize from our BEST Superhero Shoppe Online! The drawing will held on Friday, August 14, 2020.The winner will be announced on a special post on the BEST Instagram and Facebook pages.
- That’s all there is to it!
Just a few rules though:
- Have fun and be creative!
- Original photography only.
- You are allowed to enter no more than one photograph per week for the requested object. Photographers who choose to enter more than one, will only be allowed one total entry for that week into the drawing.
- You can earn up to three entries for the drawing (one per week).
- While we welcome creativity, please only submit photos of the requested item or theme. We will not accept any photos that are deemed offensive, inappropriate, or have political content. BEST reserves the right to remove photos and/or comments that don’t follow the rules.
- The winner of the random drawing on Friday, August 14, 2020 will be announced and tagged on our announcement post and will be contacted by the BEST Communications Manager via their Instagram or Facebook account with instructions on how to redeem their prize in the BEST Superhero Shoppe Online.
- Questions? Contact the BEST Communications Manager, Kim T. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are so looking forward to seeing your scavenger hunt finds!
Until then, BEST wishes and have fun!