BEST is a leader in peer support and brain injury education and training. The BEST Board of Directors engages in work that embraces the values, supports the mission, and guides the vision of BEST. Board members come from a diverse range of backgrounds and in some cases provide guidance in the areas of legal, accounting, human resources, and marketing.
If you are a committed and engaged member of our community we invite you to consider joining us on the Board by submitting a Board of Directors Application. The Board Introduction Packet answers common questions about serving on the Co-op’s Board and provides the forms you will submit to become a candidate.
In our role as the Board of Directors we
- Set policy and ensure BEST has the resources it needs to carry out its mission
- Are ambassadors in the community building relationships and good will for BEST
- Provide oversight and direction for our Executive Director
- Continually evaluate our own effectiveness as a governing body, as a group of volunteers, and as advocates of BEST in the community
The Board seeks candidates with the following capabilities:
- Constructive and creative leadership skills to contribute sound reasoning and judgment to the Board governance process.
- Desire to develop visionary ideas through study, advisement and discussion. This includes an ability to work within a group setting: to speak up, listen well and be receptive to differing views.
- Interest in Board process and agreement to work within our Board’s chosen framework, including development and refinement of new and existing policies.
- Connection to our community of member; beyond a narrow demographic and with an interest in the whole organization.
- Willingness to support Board decisions that are reached through democratic processes.
Please consider becoming a part of the process and apply today!
Interested in joining us? Download our Board Introduction Packet.
- BEST Bylaws updated 12/2009
Current Board of Directors
- Penny Condoll (Secretary)
- K. I. Lefkowitz (Treasurer)
- Kathi Sturgeon
Please contact us for the next Board meeting date and time or for more information.