Are you a facilitator of a Washington State Brain Injury Support Group?
Are you tired of struggling to manage everything alone and looking for the collective power of a network that offers support AND respects your independence?
Do you believe that sharing ideas and resources makes us all stronger?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then this is the network for you! Join Our BEST Groups!
What does it mean to be a member of Our BEST Groups?
BEST Groups comprise a vibrant network of independent brain injury support groups throughout Washington State that have chosen to join together with the Brain Energy Support Team to provide leadership, advocate on behalf of individuals with brain injury and their families, increase our impact on decisions that affect our community, and much more.
We offer the following benefits:
- Mini-Grant opportunities
- Volunteer Liability Insurance Coverage
- Coaching Support for Facilitator Success
- A forum for confidential and peer-led discussions addressing support group issues & questions
- Online Community Platform, including discussions and shared resources throughout the network
- Support for community outreach and special events
- Financial Management & Budgeting Assistance
- High Quality Information Resources
We do have an expectation or two to make sure you get the best support possible.
- Facilitators should be willing to commit for one year to their group. Please do not volunteer to facilitate a support group if you know that you will be available for less than one year. This does not apply to unforeseen situations that may come up.
- Co-facilitators are strongly recommended for each group. See our video “Better Facilitation With A Partner.“
- Professional or clinical experience is not necessary, but a basic knowledge and understanding of brain injury or experience as a caregiver of someone with a brain injury is required.
- Facilitators of groups already affiliated with another established brain injury agency or organization doing business in Washington State are not eligible for Our BEST Groups.
- Facilitators must complete our facilitator training; Support Group Facilitator Basic Training. This course is available through our BEST Learning Center.
Experience the power of collective bargaining and sharing of resources while keeping your own identity. Membership is free and voluntary.
If you are a Brain Injury Support Group Facilitator and share BEST values and goals you may apply for membership using the form below. Please contact us at 877-719-2378 with any questions you have about Our BEST Groups.