Fireworks are deeply rooted in the celebration of the July Fourth holiday in the United States.
Here are some of our favorite tips and strategies for coping with fireworks during the upcoming holiday:
- Here’s a good article on how to manage PTSD on the Fourth of July.
- Here’s some helpful information in this article about seizure risks and prevention if fireworks are present.
- This is one of our favorite articles from Brainline.org on handling the holidays in general. Number thirteen in the tip list specifically discusses fireworks.
- Here’s a really thorough article on how to deal with fireworks if you have post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD).
- Click here to view an short video that we have featured on this blog. This video has helpful advice and information directly from a brain injury survivor on how she copes with fireworks.
- For those with sensory issues, this excellent article from Brainline.org can help.
- For those who have suffered a recent trauma and/or loss of a loved one, fireworks can be difficult to be around. Here’s a short article on tips to create a plan and manage anxiety and PTSD.