The Brain Energy Support Team (BEST) is looking to expand our website blog to include additional guest bloggers.
If you are a:
- brain injury survivor;
- caregiver or family member of a brain injury survivor;
- medical professional who works directly with the brain injury community;
- subject matter expert in nutrition and/or wellness and have an interest or a specialty in brain health;
AND would like to do some writing, BEST would love to chat with you.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- A safe and supportive environment for your writing;
- Assistance and consultation as needed from the BEST Communications Manager;
- No firm deadlines: write at your own pace and comfort level.
- Clear communication on article publication dates, expectations and other feedback.
What BEST expects from our writers:
- Writing that reflects the mission and vision of BEST: empowerment, peer support and wellness;
- Understanding that this is a non-paid, volunteer opportunity.
- Understanding that all writing is subject to approval and editing. BEST will NOT accept writing that has any of the following elements: profanity, unsuitable or crude topics and language; discrimination; political content; and other inappropriate content that does not meet the mission and vision of BEST.
- Understanding that articles shared on the BEST blog may be shared on BEST social media platforms.
- Writers will be asked to supply a short biography (a personal photo to accompany biography is suggested but is optional for the writer).
- Articles word-length is preferred at 1,000 words or less.
- Articles should be submitted by email to the BEST Communications Manager. Word document attachments are preferred; however, it is okay to submit articles in the body of an email.
Does this sound like the opportunity for you?