Yes, I know. You’re about to tell me there isn’t any such word as “neurodragoneering”. And you’d be correct.
It’s a word I, admittedly, invented; a blend of Neurodiversity and Dungeons & Dragons. Neurodragoneering embodies two of my greatest passions. The first is how our brain works and the second is roleplay games, specifically tabletop roleplaying games … DnD.
If, like me, you’re fascinated by all things brainy and also enjoy engaging with others who enjoy social interaction in a safe, challenging game setting then joining one of our adventures just may be what you’ve been looking for.
The information below will give you an overview of what neurodragoneering is about and how you can get involved. At the end is an information request form; the first step on your adventuring journey.
~ G Kraegel
What Is A Neurodragoneer
Simply, it’s our special kind of adventurer. We’re a family of different thinkers. It made sense to blend the two concepts into a fun, unique, and utterly BEST concept; the Neurodragoneer.
Why Dungeons & Dragons
There are many benefits to playing Dungeons & Dragons. The game provides a supportive and inclusive environment where individuals can explore their identities, practice new skills, and build connections with others.
Here are some of the benefits of playing a game like D&D:
- improved social skills and building connections with others.
- Encouragement of creativity and imagination.
- Development of executive functioning skills, such as planning and organization.
- Boost confidence and self-esteem through role-playing.
- Safe and non-judgmental space for self-expression and trying out new ideas.
- Improved communication skills through collaboration and problem-solving.
- Opportunities for personal growth and exploring different identities.
- Engaging in cooperative storytelling and problem-solving.
- Development of strategic thinking and decision-making abilities.
- Promotion of inclusivity and acceptance of diverse identities and perspectives.
These benefits highlight the positive impact that D&D offers by providing a supportive and enjoyable environment for social interaction, skill development, creativity, and personal exploration.
We host games in Second Life and online using D&D Beyond + Discord.
How To Become A Neurodragoneer
Visit our dedicated website; BEST Neurodragoneers for more information, game schedules, and more.