“There is a time in the last few days of summer when the ripeness of autumn fills the air, and time is quiet and mellow.”
It’s a delicious recipe that just screams harvest bounty! Enjoy!
1 medium acorn squash
1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
1 teaspoon brown sugar or 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 350 and follow these steps:
1. cut top off squash and scoop out seeds
2. poke the sides with a fork
3. mix sugar and butter
4. add cranberries and walnuts until even with top edge
5. top with the butter and sugar mixture
6. place in a shallow pan
7. bake for 30 to 40 minutes
This recipe is for one squash, but make as many as you like. They’re great as a side with a lean meat like a turkey or chicken breast. They’re also terrific on their own.