BEST’s own Gloria Kraegel serves up this fall seasonal food staple for stuffed acorn squash. Recipe below!
Tag Archives: Cooking
BEST Food Tips
On the BEST blog, we’ve been fortunate to have some amazing food and nutrition experts, along with some access to other great resources, to help us serve up healthy food ideas, simple food preparation tips and organization, and other delicious inspirations to keep our brain and bodies healthy and energized.
Following, are some links to a library of articles on various topics related to food. Just click on the highlighted word, here, to view. Enjoy!
- BEST’s own Robin Spicuzza is a wealth of inspiration when it comes to food preparation and healthy eating. For Robin’s information on food storage, prep and organization, click here. For Robin’s short instructional Soup Group videos for two different, easy and versatile recipes, click here and here.
- We shared an informative article on healthy foods on a budget. Click here to view.
- Our BEST friend, Dr. Jannine Krause, is a wealth of information! Click here to read her BEST article exclusive on brain-boosting meals and foods, and click here to see her terrific article on brain-boosting supplements.
- We are so fortunate to have a wonderful Pinterest community! Click here and here for some great food graphics and food hacks that we’ve collected. Enjoy!
Have other healthy food ideas to contribute? We’d love to hear from you! Reach out by email to Kim T. at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts.
Great Eats with Robin: Cowboy Caviar
Looking for a fun, easy and healthy recipe for yourself or to serve for to your family or guests?
Here’s a favorite (and tasty!) dish from BEST’s own Robin Spicuzza!
Thanks, Robin for sharing! Yum!
Have a favorite healthy recipe you’d like to share? Let us know and we’ll feature it here in this space.
1 can (15 ounces) Blackeye Peas, drained
1 can (15 ounces) Black Beans
1 and 3/4 cup diced tomato
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/3 cup red onion, diced (soak in cold water to remove the “bite” if desired)
1 small jalapeno pepper* finely diced
1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
2 large and ripe avocados, diced
Tortilla chips, for serving
Additional cilantro and lime wedges, for serving, optional
1. In a large bowl, add the first set of ingredients
2. In a mason jar add in the red wine vinegar, freshly squeezed lime juice, sugar, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt & pepper (to taste, I add about 1/2 teaspoon of each), and olive oil. Seal the jar and shake until combined.
3. Right before serving, dice up the avocados and gently stir together.