Many people in our community are passionate about exploring self-care and wellness topics. When we see wellness topics in our newsfeeds, we see this term used frequently as of late: holistic wellness.
What does holistic wellness mean, and why are we seeing the term more often?
The general definition of holistic wellness means overall wellness that includes mental, emotional and physical health.
Why is holistic wellness important to us?
Simply put, if one component of our health is off or unwell, the other components of our health may suffer. For example, if you are struggling with anxiety (a mental health condition) , it may also take a toll on your physical health and emotional health, too.
We can even take the pieces of wellness even further.
According to the National Wellness Institute, there are six dimensions of wellness. Those dimensions are Occupational, Physical, Social, Intellectual, Spiritual, and Emotional. All these factors are the building blocks of overall wellness and interdependent on each other.
At the Brain Energy Support Team (BEST), we build our programs, resources and tools around the concept of holistic wellness to help keep our wellness in as much balance as possible.
We also believe on drawing on our personal and community empowerment to know what’s best for us to help us thrive and live the best lives possible.
Following are BEST links that you can use for your own holistic wellness journey:
- Self-care: We have a wide variety of articles on self-care. Click here to check out our library.
- Food Health: At BEST, we love learning more about healthy foods for our brains and our bodies. Click here for our food library of articles.
- Education, Support and Social Activities: BEST offers educational opportunities on both our Second Life virtual platform and through our video courses. Additionally, in Second Life, we offer online support and online social activities to explore. Click here to learn more about Second Life and click here to learn about our video courses.
- A comprehensive article from the National Institute of Health on holistic wellness.
- A recent guide from Healthline.com of the best holistic health blogs.
How do you practice holistic wellness? What works best for you? If you don’t practice holistic wellness or are not sure where to begin, what questions or concerns do you have?
Send your thoughts to us! Email Kim at email@example.com.
We’ll be compiling your comments and questions for upcoming articles. Thank you in advance for your participation!