We’ll cut to the chase: funding for educational and support programs and services for disabled adults has not been easy to come by, despite great effort.
Our nonprofit has been financially impacted since the onset of the pandemic, but we made it work by being agile and quickly adapting to COVID-19, while serving our beloved community in any and every way we could.
We found answers and put them to work; but finding solutions to tough problems is in our DNA.
Since 2008, we’ve found answers to three questions:
- How can we thrive individually and as a community after brain injury?
- How can we live the best lives possible with cognitive challenges or neurodiversity in today’s world?
- How do our caregivers and families get the support they need?
Our answers: Empowerment. Peer Support. Education. Practical life tools. Rich resources. Technology innovation. Inspiration. Celebration. Community.
Fast forward to the end of 2022. While the pandemic continues, albeit in a different form, we are financially impacted, and we are figuring out ways to continue to serve you. We don’t have the answers (yet), but the impacts are more challenging than ever before.
We’ve been here for you for the past 15 years. Now, BEST friends, we need your help.
You may have the answers that we need to continue to help and support a community that is often overlooked.
Here’s where you can help:
- Support our services and programs with a donation or membership.
- Let us know if you (or others you know) are a potential community partner, funder, or both.
- Share our website (brainenergysupportteam.org), social media content, e-newsletter, or information about BEST in your social media feeds, by email, or word of mouth.
- Do you have fundraising ideas you would like to share with us? Let us know!
We don’t know what 2023 is going to look like for us. What we do know, is that our community is vibrant, loved, and supported, both near and far.
That knowledge drives us forward. And we’d love to have you walk shoulder to shoulder with us as we head into the future.
Help us continue to offer you and those you love PEER support, education, practical life tools, rich resources, technology innovation, inspiration celebration, and community.
Thank you for your time, attention, support, and care. We deeply appreciate your help during this challenging time. It means the world to us.